- Research Scientist in Physical Oceanography at the Icelandic Meteorological Office
- bjorn [AT] vedur [DOT] is
- Cand Sc. in physical oceanography, University of Oslo, 1987.
- B.Sc. in physics, University of Iceland 1981.
- Topic / Field:
- Climate and Environment, Climate Change, Oceanography (Marine Research), Sea Ice
- Main Interests:
Development of geophysical scale sea ice constitutive models involving exchange of mass, momentum and energy between the atmosphere, sea-ice field and ocean. The objective is to derive descriptions of sea-ice fracture and kinematics and processes that dictate the thickness redistribution due to opening, closing, ridging and rafting of the ice field. The outcome will improve the knowledge and predictions of the climate impact of sea ice dynamical processes and the role of sea-ice in the Arctic Change due to global greenhouse
Bibliography at Google Scholar here
- Icelandic Meteorological Office